Discamus ut Doceamus: Let us learn so that we may teach
Adult Latin Class and Adult Greek Class beginning late September 2015. (Over 18 only.)
Join experienced Latin and Greek teachers
through any of these one-year 2015-2016
classes for adult learners.
WHY: Classical educators recognize the importance of teaching Latin and Greek to their children and students, yet many do not know or remember the languages themselves!
WHO: Any classroom teachers, homeschoolers, headmasters, and more
WHAT: Take any of these classes.
- Latin I with Wheelock’s 7th edition (first half of text; one year high-school Latin)
- Latin II with Wheelock’s 7th edition (second half of the text)
- New Testament Greek, Fundamental Greek Grammar 4th ed., James W. Voelz, CPH 2014
WHEN: Meet every other week, beginning later in September, 2015. See specific class schedules for exact dates. The final class will be a celebration at CCLE XVI, July 19-21, 2016, broadcast live!
WHERE: Online, synchronous classes with Moodle as the learning management system (LMS) and Anymeeting for the live classroom software. All live class sessions are recorded and posted in the online classroom.
This combination will allow for the disbursement of slides, handouts, quizzes, etc. with real-time voice and video access to the teacher during class sessions. To join the class, a computer with internet is required, and a headset is recommended.
Latin teachers, including Joanna Hensley and other CCLE members, will share teaching duties for Latin.
Intro to New Testament Greek taught by The Rev. Charles Henrickson.
- Register. (Payment is made via the form)
- Obtain your textbook.
- For Latin: Obtain your own copy of the Wheelock’s 7th edition text via Amazon or elsewhere.
THIS FEE INCLUDES THE ENTIRE 2015-2016 CLASS
- CCLE Members $90 per class. (If you attended CCLE XV, you are a CCLE member.)
- non-CCLE Members $130 per class. Save by Joining CCLE for $25 then register for class fee of $90 for a total of $115.